Blogging is one of the most valuable tools that Challenger Brands have to engage with customers and ultimately build credibility. If you’re not blogging, it’s time to get started.
A blog is critical in driving traffic to your site and attracting repeat visitors. How? Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website, one more cue to Google and other search engines that your website is active, and one more reason for engaged visitors to return to your site for fresh content.
However, writing frequent and compelling blogs might be challenging to many businesses. If you’re not consistently producing fresh, dynamic and interesting content, you may be sending the wrong message about your brand.
So, whether you’ve already established a company blog or plan on starting one soon, consider these five tips to provide your customers and prospects with a valuable experience.
- Answer questions and converse: Listen closely to questions prospects and customers ask and answer every one of them in your posts. Additionally, make sure to ask questions of your readers and encourage feedback. And, always respond to comments as promptly as possible.
- Optimize your content for search: Research and use the keyword phrases that will increase your search engine rankings. Install helpful plugins such as WordPress SEO by Yoast to assist with your SEO.
- Use images: Take advantage of the appeal of photos, illustrations, charts and infographics to make the posts more compelling. People are attracted to pictures more than text. Additionally, properly naming your image files and using ALT tags will boost your SEO.
- Encourage sharing: Don’t forget to offer social media buttons to make it easy for readers to share your content on the social sphere and via email.
- Be transparent and have fun: Tackle the tough questions and don’t be afraid to address real issues. Write with integrity, sincerity and truth. Enjoy the process and allow your brand’s true personality to resonate.