[E-Newsletters can be a very powerful and cost-effective marketing tool. But as part of their marketing tactics, Challenger Brands must approach e-Newsletter marketing slightly differently. Over the years, we have developed and executed many very successful e-Newsletter marketing campaigns for Challenger Brands.
The following are 8 sure fire recommendations to help you increase your results:
- Get personal – Always address each recipient by their name. The more personal you can make each email, the more trust you will create with your reader.
- Put your company name in the subject line – Your reader will trust you more and feel more comfortable opening your emails once they know it is from a trusted source.
- Maintain a branded look – Your email strategy must be consistent with your overall corporate identity. Your reader should have no doubt about who sent the email.
- Content is king – Make sure you understand which topics interest your readers most. Challenger Brands need to write their content in a way that sets them apart from all competitors.
- Don’t do the hard sell – Most people who subscribe to your e-Newsletter do so for the quality and value of the content. The moment you start to hard sell your reader is the moment you start to lose your credibility and readership.
- Have a consistent schedule – Create a regular schedule of when your e-Newsletter is distributed and be sure to stick to it religiously. We recommend a distribution timeline of at least once per month.
- Make your landing pages consistent – Landing pages are a critical component in all e-Newsletter campaigns. Be sure they are visually consistent and easy to navigate.
- Have a strong call-to-action – Be sure that your recipient knows what you want them to do. Your call-to-action can be as simple as “click here to get the full story” or “send this e-Newsletter to a friend.” For every action your recipient takes, the more loyal they will become.
We strongly believe that every Challenger Brand should include an e-Newsletter in their marketing arsenal. But remember, just because you have something to say does not guarantee that your audience will read it. If you follow these 8 simple recommendations, we are very confident you will see the effectivness of your e-Newsletters improve.