[Facebook advertising can deliver great results for those marketers who know how to use it right. It’s very cost effective and provides an incredible ability to hyper target your audience.
But before you jump into Facebook advertising, you need to understand its quirky, ever-changing rules and many limitations. The following are our eight recommendations to help you get the most from your next Facebook ad campaign.
- What are you trying to accomplish? Like all marketing strategies, you need to define what success looks like. Describe the exact type of actions you want to see from your campaign.
- Do you want Awareness or Impressions? Facebook campaigns can be bought in one of two ways – by the number of clicks or by the number of impressions. Do the math and decide which option is right for your campaign.
- Have a Facebook Presence. A Facebook ad campaign should not be your first jump into Facebook marketing. Ideally, you should have a significant fan page in place before you spend any money on Facebook ads.
- Change your Facebook URL. Before you launch your campaign, be sure to change the standard URL that Facebook assigns you to a custom URL. You can do this for free once you have 25 “likes” for your page.
- Think laser targeting. One of the best features of Facebook ads is their ability to hyper target each ad to a very specific audience in a geographic area. You can even target by keywords. So be sure to think through the micro details of your target audience carefully.
- Use an Impactful Image. All Facebook ads are identical in shape and size. Take the extra effort to make your visual unusual, eye-catching, memorable and most importantly, relevant to your target.
- Think small. Facebook ads are limited to 135 characters, so you don’t want to waste words. We have found that asking a question is a very compelling strategy. Don’t waste words on contact info since all they have to do is click on the ad to reach you.
- Test, and then test again. Facebook ads let you track and test repeatedly. Try running multiple ads to see which performs best. Try changing your headline or tweaking your image to see if response increases. Never stop testing new options.
Facebook ads can be a very sound and cost-effective marketing strategy. Try incorporating some of our tips into your next campaign and see if it makes a difference for you. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results.